State Bank of India - SBI published an official notification for recruitment of Probationary Officers (POs) for 2000 posts. Eligible candidates can apply for this recruitment. You can view more details about this recruitment including No. of posts, name of post, Educational qualification, Age limit, Selection process, How to apply etc... You can also view official notification and other important facts about this recruitment e.g. Important links and Important dates.
The Tentative Schedule of Events is as Follows:
- On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates 21.04.2018 to 13.05.2018
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges 21.04.2018 to 13.05.2018
- Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination 18.06.2018 On wards
- Online Examination – Preliminary 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018
- Result of Online exam – Preliminary 15.07.2018
- Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam 20.07.2018
- Conduct of Online Examination – Main 04.08.2018
- Declaration of Result – Main 20.08.2018
- Download Call Letter for Interview 01.09.2018
- Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview 24.09.2018 to 12.10.2018
- Declaration of Final Result 01.11.2018
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2018. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2018. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2018
Application fees and Intimation Charges (Non-refundable) is Rs. 600/- ( Rs. Six Hundred only) for General and OBC candidates and Rs. 100/- (Rs. One hundred only) for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
The selection for Probationary Officers will be done through a three tiered process.
- Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- Phase – II: Main Examination
- Phase – III: Group Exercises & Interview
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
- Quantitative Aptitude: 35 Questions
- English Language: 30 Question
- Reasoning Ability: 35 Questions
- Total: 100 Questions
- Total Marks: 100
- Duration: 1 Hours
Selection criteria for Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination. Candidates numbering approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies in each category will be short listed for the Main Examination from the top of the merit list.
Phase-II: Main Examination:
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Test - I: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 Questions
- Test - II: Data Analysis & Interpretation: 35 Questions
- Test - III: General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness: 40 Questions
- Test - IV: English Language: 35 Questions
- Total: 155 Questions
- Marks: Total Max. Marks 200
- Duration: 3 Hours
Note: Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination) There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.